Bye Bye Nap Time
Q: How can I tell when my child is ready to drop a nap?
A: There are a few signs to look for and they often occur in combination. Just one of these signs may not mean it's time to drop a nap but if two or more are true for you then it's likely time:
- Your child generally naps well but is now fighting the last (or only) nap of the day
- There's barely time to squeeze in the last nap before bedtime
- Bedtime is getting pushed back each night because your child isn't tired enough
- Your child is taking longer than 20 minutes to fall asleep and used to fall asleep easily
- Your child is inexplicably waking in the night and this is a new behaviour